Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sueing my school for misrepresentation



Over the past few days, i embark on a crazy survey. yes, i was asking people for opinion, if i were to press charge against my own school.who is willing to support me? but before i reveal the results, maybe i present my case. Actually, i have no case. the inspiration for this movement is once again the NKF. but unlike sph, i don't really have a proper case to fight. what i have though, is information which the school will never want the public to know as it destroys their marketing effort. things like having non existence course being offered, poor internet service, and poor grading system. the whole aim of creating a new graduate is just nothing but a pack of lie. i should have known better, how different can a graduate get? but of course, i am just feeling the injust of how this school is being run like a business more than a school, how there is seemingly good enough reason to have a fees increment where it isn't really justified. But of course, being me, i like the thrill of executing a 空城计。Who would have imagine that in the year 2007, we can still apply such an age old tactic?
But anyway, i went round asking many people around me this question. and i had my result. Twice as many people are for suing the school than people who are strongly against it. (not bad...) but here's the next part which will probably nullifies everything. more than 80% wants to see it happen even though they do not want to be part of it (fence sitter again). But more interestingly are the breakdown of people who said yes and no.
The people who wants to go along: they are surprisingly people whom i am not close to. in fact, i only started asking these group of people after the first person in this category gave me a yes (which became my first "yes"). These are the people in the school who had interned at PA last year, though not in the same branch as me. It also occur to me that almost 1 year down the line, there is something which connect each of us that interned at that place. To put it in a negative way, we are kaypoh. we will fight for causes which we believe strongly in even though it doesn't concerned us and we get nothing out of it. In my own term, i called this civic minded. and honestly, it is with this, i dare say that none of the people had chose the wrong internship (even though yes, i didn't got good testimonials... but it was worth it).
People who said no: people who are on the scholarship of the school. people who didn't have to pay school fees. now, this is something which intrigues me. Their main concerns is that there serve no purpose to destroy the school marketing effort because it will affect our employabilty. What does this remark tell me about these bunch of people? a) they are selfish, they love their ass more than anything else. these are the bunch of people who always look at things from their own perspective. not that they don't see the problem, but they value their personnal benefit and discount everything else. b)these people are probably good at nothing too, i mean come on, the employability does not necessary come from which school you are from, its about how good you are. Come on, i am a confident about my own abilities regardless of where i studied. what is there to be scare. c) part of me suspect that these people too have something to hide which they do not want to let us know. already, i am having thoughts about the selection process. the scholars i worked are nothing but a bunch of disappointment. incapable or worse still, free riders. actually, to me they are also guilty of the 空城计 ploy which i had employed. but what really disturb me is the lack of scholars contribution towards the society. like many fiscal spending, this is one aspect which i felt has gone to waste. as usual, ty says, if i had the time, i will do an empirical studies. but i know such idea usually get put down even before the proposal can even be inked.
the bulk of the grp... an overwhelming 80% of these people are non chalant. most of them are my friends in school, whilst they admire me for my courage, they dare not commit to it. i don't blame them, they are part of the singapore education. i know for a fact many of them would have said a straight no, but bcos it was me who open my mouth, they say something like best of luck. but i think from this whole small exercise, i have displayed alot of things about singaporean's kiasu and kiasee mentality.


posted @ 6:19 PM ||



Profile
name: Tianyu

Passion: Maths, Music, Table Tennis
sex: M
philosophy: many people knows different part of me, but one thing in common is i will not allow myself to fall
*Elandriel*

Links
My Page
blogskins
blogger