Thursday, January 04, 2007

some random thoughts on table tennis bat customization



sometime i really wonder what goes on in my brain, i have just watched the Holidays and i must really say, it was thought provoking... but i bet you'll be surprised what kind of thoughts it provoke in me.

for some reason, i got bad feeling with regards to my table tennis. the club president is not doing anything even though tournament is just 3 weeks away. then i was staring at my racket and racking my brain hard on how i should customise my bat this year to suit my playing style... and in all i have 3 surfaces... (not bad, i got inspired by watching the holidays... i must say its money well spent)

Rubber No.1: Double Happiness 6512
Actually, this is a beginner's rubber. Its dirt cheap and it is easily available at almost any bookstore even. It gives average control, average spin, average speed. but most importantly, its the ease of its usage and how easy it is to bring out its potential. of course, this rubber has its disadvantage too. it doesn't really give the user any form of edge, it wears out easily, highly predictable in the spin.
whilst this rubber dun realli suit my style of play, i don't mind tweaking my play to suit this rubber as it is versatile, and quite all round. (cmon singaporean are not so pro, u don't need top notch rubber to play against them).

Rubber No 2: Butterfly Antispin
This is a relatively more expensive rubber. But its actually my most preferred rubber cos it compliment my style the most. i am a control freak who aims to control the game. CONTROL is the key to the game... at least... ty's game. but the main problem is the game can be broken easily because a huge component of the game is sacrifice... SPIN. in the pass, anti spin has served me well, but as the year dragged, it has been increasingly hard for me to excel with a control playing style with anti spin. 2 option... either i change to offensive game, or i change rubber... bleah

Rubber No 3: Donic 40
I was reading through some online guide, basically they have innovated a way to have create spin with rubber through. but i think i still have to make changes to my gameplay to adapt to this rubber. but the main problem with this rubber is the availability. it is just so hard to get my hands on this type of rubber. can't find it. sigh... alternatively, i can consider long pimple, but that is highly hard for both me and opponent to understand and to control cos its simply too unpredictable (i shall not go into the physics behind this...)

oops, i don't understand who would even bother wasting their time reading this...


posted @ 11:18 PM ||



Profile
name: Tianyu

Passion: Maths, Music, Table Tennis
sex: M
philosophy: many people knows different part of me, but one thing in common is i will not allow myself to fall
*Elandriel*

Links
My Page
blogskins
blogger