Friday, December 22, 2006

Santa Claus IS A MEANO!!!! -- tribute to the stoners



I was browsing through some random utopia kingdom names when i this on one of the kingdom tags:
You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

The first thing that came to my mind is WHAT?!!! What is so wrong with pouting or crying? (I know I pout quite often). Hey! the first line is WATCH OUT. so threatening. didn't realise that this old time favourite Christmas tune has such lousy lyrics, or perhaps this particular tweaked the lyrics here and there.

It just occur to me that ever since i got out of army, i have started playing utopia all over again. I remember way back in 2001-2002, i was playing it and it took me quite some time to get a winning team of players. Still remember people like Klistnos from Israel who incidentally entered army roughly the same time as me, and Darkness who has since got married and is now a father of 2 kids. Eric, who always insist on playing undead shepherd even though it is a damn useless combination. Of course, who can ever forget, tears, my old time buddy from singapore. We called our selves the Forgotten and at our peak we were ranked top 10 in the world consistently. Alas, all things have to come to an end. The kingdom disbanded in december 2002, with both me and klistnos having to quit the game for military service.

In 2005, i restarted another account, and i got into Mousey's kingdom, it was a relatively weak kingdom. I thought if i preservere, i could eventually train enough players to be good enough. haha, i was wrong. some people just cannot learn. 2 seasons later, mousey decide that it was better for the core members (him, me and JPL crazy dwarf) to leave for greener pasture. it was also around that time that tears (who also got out of army recently) gave me an account in his kingdom, the stoners.

Many things since happened, i spend 6 season there before the kingdom finally acheived something. last season, we had a whopping 8 wins of out a possible of 9 which rank us world no 2. This season, all is well for us to repeat that streak again. Pity, all good things will not last. The kingdom will once again disband in April 2007 due to commitments by some of the core members. Of course, i will remember my time with the stoners, over the past few season, i think they become more than just gamers on msn list. we have become friends. had many long conversation that does not pertain to the game. With the core members mainly coming from Singapore and Malaysia. It is not hard to guess why communication is so smooth. Same tone of language, same time zone. We'll meet, after all is over for one final gathering in malaysia (as agreed).

Last but not least, i have to mention some names of the people in stoners which had stayed on and brought about the success of this kingdom. Putra, Chern Yee, Adrian, Tears, Nagisa, Caspron, Laky, Juansi, Phenomenal, LLNeosia, Ogrelynx, Ice and of course myself, Eland. ( i still love myself MORE).


posted @ 2:58 PM ||



Profile
name: Tianyu

Passion: Maths, Music, Table Tennis
sex: M
philosophy: many people knows different part of me, but one thing in common is i will not allow myself to fall
*Elandriel*

Links
My Page
blogskins
blogger