Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lonely Planet Suck



I don't understand the hype over lonely plant. When i read the book, the first thing it struck me was... yeah... the author's tone is really.... LONELY. The book is really boring, wordy and lacks feeling on every single page. Let me tell you what separate it from Eye Guide (my personal favourite Travel book publisher).
Its in black and white... not exactly, there is some shades of red here and there on maps. but most importantly... NO PHOTOGRAPH. what is this man? u write one whole thick book, describing everything in detail. but from one point of view, i cannot visualise ONE BIT of it. and the language use is so dull. it uses the same few word to describe many different place and it didn't even bother to use capitivating phrases like"MUST GO", "Not to be missed". but what the heck, the lack of photograph is a big turn off.
I guess much of it has to be blame with the fact the book tried to remain objective in its perspective for the travel book. but hey, let's be honest, a travel book should NEVER be objective. for a simple reason. I only have a limited time within the city, naturally, I hope the book will help me decide the itinery by placing more emphasis on the more popular hot spots rahter than making everything sound mediocre.
Much less to say... the price for a lousy book is exhorbitant... $45 bucks for a lousy book that I feel probably can do something better if i spend the same amount of time in a country as the author. but still i feel this book is not too bad. it beats sleeping pills. its has no side effect and i guarantee u folks a good 7-8 hour of good night sleep after spending 60 minute of it.


posted @ 9:09 PM ||



Profile
name: Tianyu

Passion: Maths, Music, Table Tennis
sex: M
philosophy: many people knows different part of me, but one thing in common is i will not allow myself to fall
*Elandriel*

Links
My Page
blogskins
blogger