Saturday, June 09, 2007

whining about how the world goes by



Another dormant time for this blog. Not because I have been busy but I am just tired of the many things which I am currently seeing in my life. Indeed, there is always something for me to be unhappy about and I think that has been a hallmark which I have created for myself. I spend a significant amount of time fighting for causes which many feel are unimportant, but these are the very things which I believe in and naive as it may sound. I still wanna believe it is true.
maybe just to jot a few things off my mind,
current work: indifference analysis of imperfect market in the absence of price competition
virtuaso 2007
current cca plan: lots but no time to get it done.
current social life: not too good, but still ok, as i am trying to limit the time i spend with people.
online pet: starving it to death, i still think an elephant for 30 bucks a month is a good buy.

many people ask me why i am unable to translate my usual full of shit daily lifestyle onto my blog. the reason is pretty simple. i don't want it. i guess i want to maintain some novelty.

i still need some inspiration. i want it. not cos i need it. yep... part of my preachy life philsophy again. there is no such things i cannot. its i want or not.

had some brushes with the school admin. can't help but feel that in terms of administration they suck and i hate to be given lip service. i was looking at unsw and what then i take a look at smu. sometime, i feel, the spirit of education is long gone. look, to run an education institute with money as the bottomline will end up nowhere. that is why primary, secondary and pre-u are so heavily subsidised. education is a good with high positive externalities.
and smu is more ludicrous, they have stunning ways to bootstrap their finance.
a) losing receipts from student claims
b) shutting down aircon at 8pm (it seems fair, but considering that there are MORE people in school outside of office hour than during... it doesn't and yet the students, who mainly comes in after office hour don't carry so much weight.
c) promising student something to allay their complains temporarily and then reversing their stance and first possible opportunity.

picking the mole out of the mound hill? what kind of phrase is that? pretty sure its wrong.


posted @ 5:58 PM ||



Profile
name: Tianyu

Passion: Maths, Music, Table Tennis
sex: M
philosophy: many people knows different part of me, but one thing in common is i will not allow myself to fall
*Elandriel*

Links
My Page
blogskins
blogger